New or additional data center screening measure currently in place at Evoque Data Centers due to COVID-19 and Novel Coronavirus.
Updated: July 21, 2020
Based on guidance from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), Evoque may restrict facility access based on screening protocols. If a heightened risk profile is indicated by these screenings, Evoque reserves the right to deny entry into the facility. Item E below outlines additional policy for anyone denied entry due to high temperature.
All Evoque Data Centers in the United States and Birmingham, UK (Redditch), have implemented the following screening protocols: Self-administered temperature check, mandatory wearing of a face covering, as well as receiving an acceptable response to the six questions listed below.
The screening protocols include:
- Have you been tested for Covid-19 and are still awaiting test results?
- Are you currently experiencing any flu-like symptoms (including fever, body aches/pain, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath)?
- Have you had recent contact with a confirmed COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) patient in the past 14 days?
- Self-administered body temperature measurements – Any individual with a temperature exceeding 99.5° F (37.5° C), will be denied access to the facility.
If an individual is denied access to the facility due to a temperature measurement that exceeds our threshold (99.5° F / 37.5° C), that person will be put on a ‘Restricted List’ and will not be allowed to enter the facility for a minimum of 7 days. After 7 days, if the formerly denied individual’s temperature measurement is now within the acceptable range, Evoque will allow them entry to the facility. If the individual has another high temperature reading, the 7-day restricted access clock will reset.
- UPDATE (Starting July 16, 2020) A face covering is mandatory for everyone who enters the data center. This face covering will cover the mouth and nose and will be required in all cases and all areas within the data center facility. Anyone not adhering to this mandatory requirement will not be allowed to enter the facility. Anyone removing said face covering and refusing to replace it when in any public space will be asked to leave the facility.